Membership of The Women’s Library is affordable for most at $20.00 per annum, but if this is beyond your means, you are eligible for the $5.00 concession membership. The membership fee is definitely less than what you would pay for most of our books, and if you become a member you won’t have to buy books at all. The Women’s Library has rare and unusual books in its collection and these are available for members to borrow.
Your membership fee helps us pay our operating costs and gives you access to …
- – a carefully selected collection of feminist literature, lesbian fiction, books about women
- – a comfortable lounge with tea and coffee on tap during opening hours
- – use of the children’s corner so that your offspring can amuse themselves while you browse
- – free use of our computers with Internet access
- – the opportunity to volunteer as a staff member at The Women’s Library
- – the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from doing good
Members are invited to our annual end-of year celebration and the opening of Arts Events, such as the recent Herland exhibition.
Group membership is available to women who run community meetings, workshops, or discussion groups. Contact The Women’s Library during opening hours to find out more about individual or group membership.